Centre for Rural Community Leadership and Ministry
Leadership Training Programs
The courses listed below are designed to equip clergy and rural lay leaders to build healthier rural communities, by partnering the gifts that the churches bring with those of other community groups and institutions.
The courses listed below presently lead to the Doctor of Ministry degree in Rural Ministry and Community Development, offered by the seminaries of the Saskatoon Theological Union. As other programs come online, future courses will be developed.
Doctor of Ministry (DMin) Degree
in Rural Ministry & Community Development
The DMin degree in Rural Ministry and Community Development is offered by the seminaries of the Saskatoon Theological Union. They are supported by CiRCLe M, which assists in student and teacher recruitment, and provides input from rural congregations and communities about their leadership needs. Each course is hosted by one of the three STU seminaries: St Andrew's College, College of Emmanuel & St. Chad, and Lutheran Theological Seminary. Students can register with whichever seminary they prefer.
The DMin in Rural Ministry is offered cohort-style, meaning that you go through the training and graduate with a group of five to ten other committed clergy or professional church workers. It is taught in 3 one-week intensives each year -- so you can stay in your place of ministry and let its questions inform your reading and research.
- AGRARIANISM AND THE BIBLE
- APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY
- CAPSTONE COLLOQUIUM IN RURAL LEADERSHIP AND MINISTRY
- COACHING, NATURAL CHURCH DEVELOPMENT AND THE PRACTICE OF DEVELOPING A HEALTHY AND MISSIONAL CONGREGATION
- CONVERSATIONS IN INDIGENOUS INTERCULTURAL MINISTRY
- ECUMENICAL SHARED MINISTRY CONGREGATIONS
- FOUNDATIONS OF RURAL MINISTRY AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- HEALTHY RURAL COMMUNITIES
- LEADING COLLABORATIVE COMMUNITY CHANGE
- QUALITATIVE RESEARCH METHODS IN RURAL CONTEXTS
- REVITALIZING RURAL MINISTRIES: FROM SURVIVAL TO SUSTAINABILITY
- RITES IN CRISIS
- TANSI: COMMUNITY ORGANIZING THEOLOGY AND PRACTICE
For Registration Details on the Above Courses Contact:
- College of St. Andrew’s Registrar phone: 966-5244
- Emmanuel & St. Chad Registrar phone: 975-1550
- Lutheran Theological Seminary Registrar phone: 966-7866
OTHER Program courses
- FOOD, FAITH AND RURAL COMMUNITY (MTS/MDIV level course offered by the STU Seminaries)
- CLINICAL PASTORAL EDUCATION IN A RURAL CONTEXT (Available through: CPE Supervisor Margaret McCallum in cooperation with the Saskatoon Institute for Pastoral Education and the Swan River Health Region and Ministerial, Manitoba)
PEER MENTORING FOR RURAL CLERGY (tba, offered by CiRCLe M)
- CERTIFICATE IN RURAL STRESS INTERVENTION (tba, offered by CiRCLe M)
- CERTIFICATE IN FAITH AND RURAL LIFE (tba)
For Details: Contact CiRCle M: firstname.lastname@example.org